Engagement Wedding Maternity Children Seniors Family Personal Products Everything Else
My Website Old Blog Follow us on Twitter Be our friend on Facebook


Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Party in the Park


Kim here. As you have probably figured out, Craig's love for a good photograph has slowly rubbed off on me. Now I LOVE using the camera to capture sweet moments. Craig's been helping me learn the camera, so I thought it was time to practice in a 'real' situation outside of my own children and sleeping babies. So, I decided to document a joint Birthday Party for two of Caleb and Lydia's friends. I never realized how much "work" it is to take pictures . . . it's fun but there is a lot of sweat and focus needed to get the shot you want, not to mention the hours spent afterwards sifting thru the images and post processing. Something Craig says often: "ART is PAIN people". I am beginning to understand what he means. I learned a lot today and it was fun to see the party thru the lens as a photographer. Enjoy!


Meet Madalynn. She turned three years old this week. She and Caleb are buddies and he often refers to her as his 'best friend'. I love the "old look" of this picture - it reminds me of The Wonder Years. I LOVED that show. The Wonder Years was the best.



This is Anna Belle. She turned two years old this week. She looks like a porcelain doll to me in this image.



The party was at the park and every child seems to love the swings.




Tucker seems to think, 'out of sight, out of mind'. He'll soon learn, that is not how it works.



The see-saw is hard work. I'm guessing being out in the 98 degree heat has something to do with it. To the right is Avery, she seems a little perturbed that these presents are not for her. She'll celebrate hers again in January :)



3 comments:

NCThorps said...

Oh Kim!! The pictures turned out so well!!! I sent them to Jacob with this note attached...
"Many years ago, when we were dating, I saw a the man you are, but I also caught a glimpse of the father you would be! You are such an amazing man, partner, daddy and friend. The picture of you and Anna below brought a tear to my eye. Thank you for being her daddy, her hero!!"
Thank you for capturing those moments in time that take me back to the heart of our family!

The Tittle Family said...

Great photos Kim! I noticed you were really busy at the party getting the pictures! They are really cute! I loved the show the Wonder Years too! (BTW I can't see the last 2 pictures??)

Anonymous said...

I Love the pictures, Kim! You did a great job=) That's a GREAT picture of Anna Belle's EYES!! Craig's camera really loves those crystal blue eyes=) Thanks so much for being such a great friend and capturing these moments for us!