Engagement Wedding Maternity Children Seniors Family Personal Products Everything Else
My Website Old Blog Follow us on Twitter Be our friend on Facebook


Monday, March 2, 2009

The Progression of Happiness


Caleb is my bud. As the men of the house we stick together. He awoke from his nap, came to find me and gave me a hug. He laid his head onto my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my neck. Without looking at me, he said, "I love you daddy." I told him I loved him too. Then he pulled back looked me right into the eyes and asked "Can I have a cupcake?" {Kim had made some earlier and he noticed.} Now, I realize he was totally buttering me up. But honestly, there aren't a lot of things in the world much better than getting a hug from your son and hearing the words, "I love you," even if it is for a cupcake. Of course I gave him the cupcake. But you have to watch his facial expression change from getting up on a rainy day to the display of pure joy over a sweet a delectable cupcake. Can you even remember when the thought of a cupcake made you this happy? Ohh, the beauty of children. Enjoy the evidential progression of happiness.


Waking from a nap. Waiting for the cupcake.



"This is Awesome!"



"I'm going to pack it all in. Chew later."



"chewing . . . with a slight overbite"



"yeah!"



3 comments:

Lindsay said...

GREAT pics:)

Kim said...

my favorite little boy in the whole world - i love how his eyes light up every time he smiles. great job honey!

The Tittle Family said...

What a grin! His smile is infectious! Great pics!