Engagement Wedding Maternity Children Seniors Family Personal Products Everything Else
My Website Old Blog Follow us on Twitter Be our friend on Facebook


Thursday, July 31, 2008

Caleb Turns Three


In my effort to continue learning how to post-process images, Craig had me work on the images from Caleb’s birthday party. Last Friday our son, Caleb, turned three years old. We decided to have a Pirate Party for him to celebrate with our friends and family. This was the first year that Caleb really understood that the party was for him. One evening while out on a walk he asked me if I would call Pee-Dee the Pirate (ECU mascot) on my cell phone and invite him to his party. His request was so sincere. We did try to get Pee-Dee to make an appearance but he was “away for the summer”. I think Caleb already has some purple and gold running thru his veins. You can see his personality shine thru the pictures below. He really does have a zest for life and for those of you who know him, I’m sure you agree. We are so thankful to God for giving us three years to enjoy Caleb…we pray that there are many more ahead!


I love both of these shots – you can see the genuine enjoyment on their faces. Can you remember when life was as simple as this? All you had to do was get up and play all day and trust that your mom was going to feed you and put you to bed?



Connor and Caleb enjoy playing together…maybe it’s because they both have little sisters and need a little ‘rough-play’ from time to time. Connor loved the punch balloons. Some kids actually chased Craig around the yard at one point trying to get him with their balloons.




I love the angle from up above. Isn’t that what we see daily yet sometimes fail to capture? Our kids looking up to us. . . in more ways than one.



Here is Ava, having so much fun with the big bubbles! I love the expressions on her face and can I mention that I love her dress?



Caleb has two girlfriends named Ava, that could be trouble one day! Aren’t Ava’s eyes just gorgeous? That is the true, God-given color you see…stunning!



Our little Lydia is on the move. She is constantly trying to keep up with her big brother. I kept going back to this picture after I edited them and told Craig that it's one of my favorites - weird, I know. But, it really shows how 'busy' Lydia is and it's taken from the angle that I see alot:)



Is Ava portraying a Pirate and saying, Arrrrgh or is that a booger on her finger? The ‘zest’ is written all over Caleb's face in this image! I LOVE it – the smiles, the laughter, the energy. Sometimes I wish I could just freeze certain moments and enjoy them longer. I had a friend tell me one time that the days are long but the years are short…stop and ponder that statement. It’s true.



Below is a slideshow of Caleb’s birthday. If you want to see it on the big screen, click here. Don’t forget to leave us some blog-love!



6 comments:

Aimee Lee said...

Craig,
These images are stunning! Your God-given talent and passion shine through each moment you capture and (as always) your work continues to grow, amaze and inspire me!! Thanks for sharing!
Aimee >';'<

Lindsay said...

We rejoice with you in the gift of Caleb! Happy Birthday Buddy! Thank you for the pics, makes me feel like I could take part:) Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing 3rd birthday for Caleb! From time making the cake to fun with family and friends - Craig you never cease to amaze me with your talent! You do a great job of capturing the moments to make you feel as though you are still at the party. The Lord has really blessed you and I am so thankful you are able to pursue this gift. Thanks for allowing us to enjoy this with you!
Love, Paul & Lisa

The Tittle Family said...

Great pictures as always! I think my favorite is #66 (with Caleb running and a big smile on his face) I love the light in the picture and the laughter all over his face! We are all so blessed to have such wonderful and healthy kids! The party was great! Thanks for letting us celebrate Caleb with you!

Anonymous said...

Craig and Kim,
Great pictures and processing! :) You guys make a great team and what a fun and unique party for Caleb. All of the kids look like they are having such a blast and you did a fabulous job capturing their joy, energy and excitement. I loved the pics of Ava through the bubbles, what a neat perspective. The bird's eye shot of Lydia running by is fun too, capturing that toddling run...such a fun time. And I don't know what the technique is called but on the last pictures before the slideshow, I love that look. It seems like a combo of dreamy and antique-looking. Great job you too!

Anonymous said...

Craig and Kim,

I can't believe how BIG your precious children are getting! They are beautiful, and I'm sure you enjoy every moment you have with them!
The pictures on your site are incredible, by the way!!!! I'm excited that you're pursuing your talent!!
Much, much love!