Engagement Wedding Maternity Children Seniors Family Personal Products Everything Else
My Website Old Blog Follow us on Twitter Be our friend on Facebook


Saturday, July 19, 2008

Phillips Family


I met Tameka at the Maternity fair back in March. July was the earliest we could get together {she's a busy lady!} She wanted me to take some shots of her adorable daughter, Kyla. Tameka was really interested in some shots outside in the downtown area and in her hair salon {she said that Kyla LOVED to play at the Salon}. Unfortunately, ten minutes prior to the shoot the skies opened up and it just started to pour down rain. So, instead, we started off at the Salon. Kyla was so much fun and was full of expressions! After a little while in the Salon the rain subsided and we were able to go into a field nearby and take some cute shots outside. Enjoy!


It was beautiful after the rain...the colors really popped! The grass was wet and bright green - perfect for shooting!



I love the warm "worn" look of this photo. It wasn't hard to capture a smile on this little girl - she was full of them!



Kyla does whatever her mom does - including putting on lip gloss.



Being in front of the camera is hard work - she had to stop and take a few breaks. The image on the left was one of my favorites. The texture of the wall adds alot to the image, not to mention how cute Kyla is just sitting there. The image on the right was taken thru a mirror - it turned out pretty crisp.



Kyla is not only full of smiles but also laughter. I love to capture the true "spirit" of little ones thru the lens.



Here she is demonstrating how to use the hair dryer...like a pro. Her mom has trained her well!



Tameka, I had fun capturing your relationship with Kyla...enjoy her while she is young! The time goes by so fast. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to spend a few hours with you to capture the joy you two share. I enjoyed doing something different and going to your salon - great idea!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Loved these!! Great Job, Craig!!

Lindsay said...

Craig,
I think these are some of my favorite! Awesome job, once again! I hope Tamika enjoys them!

Rachel said...

I love the shot with the brick wall and the umbrella. Good job and way to be flexible with the weather!

Rach

Anonymous said...

What sweet pictures! You did a great job showcasing a sweet mom-daughter relationship as well as the precious spirit of little Kyla. Many favorites...field, sitting in front of the brick wall, hair dryer and the close up you gave the "antique" touch.