Engagement Wedding Maternity Children Seniors Family Personal Products Everything Else
My Website Old Blog Follow us on Twitter Be our friend on Facebook


Monday, July 14, 2008

Nunley Family


It's always such an honor to have a repeat client. I try my best to create images that are unique, colorful and capture the personalities of the people in front of the camera. Repeat clients are so fun because you don't start from scratch . . . there's some history with them already. I had done a session with Amber, her husband J.B. and their daughter Aubrey a while back (to this day, one of my favorite images 'ever' came out of that session - see the image by clicking here). Amber shared her images from their session with her mother, Nancy. A few months later, Amber called to schedule a family session again, but with more family. Nancy had requested Amber to hire me for some family portraits in two of Nancy's favorite places. I was honored to be asked to capture this hilarious family who had me laughing through the entire session. At times, I had to remind myself to take pictures. It was a blast to shoot and there were a lot of great images so take your time . . . this is a long post. Enjoy!


Nancy said she has always loved this enormous tree in the Greenwood cemetery beside St. Peters Catholic Church. She said she'd always admired the tree and had wanted to have her family picture in front of it. I happen to think some cemetery's are strangely beautiful. I've even taken some photos of some cemetery's in New Bern. Nancy's right. The tree is beautiful.



Meet the Family. This is Amber and . . . J.B.



Kaleigh and her daughter . . . Annaleigh.



Nancy and . . . Aubrey (Amber and J.B.'s daughter)



And the youngest . . . Briana.



These were my two favorite group shots.



Nancy also wanted to take some photographs on a small farm where she had spent some time as a child and teenager. The place was really quite beautiful (Great spot Nancy!). There happened to be this old couch just sitting in the field. Well, you know me, I just had to have them take some photo's on it. So, the girls obliged.





Another beautiful Eastern North Carolina sunset. WARNING: RANT COMING: (Yes, I said Eastern NORTH Carolina NOT "eastern carolina" . . . there are two Carolina's people . . . two. For generations people have been distinguishing between NORTH and SOUTH carolina. I don't know where this bad habit began of calling everything "eastern carolina". Join with me and let's band together and show the world that the people of Greenville know where they're located.)



Kim was able to come with me this time and was such a huge help in capturing all the different unique moments that were happening. Here is a moment I missed but Kim caught this fantastic shot of Aubrey laughing.



This was one of those hilarious moments that had everyone laughing. I love getting a great photograph of people really laughing. . . . . At the farm, there was a very old and run-down house. There were no glass windows so you could literally photograph through the windows (or should I say "holes") to the other side of the house. So I posed Briana for this one.



Annaleigh found a cicada insect and had so much fun with it.




A Big thank you to Amber and J.B. I was honored to be asked to capture your family. I had a blast with all of you. Kaleigh, you still have me laughing. I can't believe you went to a doctor named Dr. Mystique or Mistake, either way that just seems like a bad idea.


2 comments:

Aaron & Heather said...

I love the couch picture! Very nice overall.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Looks like such a fun family! I love the picture of the 2 girls running in the field. My favorite family pic was the one of them in front of the house, the colors in it are amazing--blues, greens, and the flowers look so strategically placed! Great work!