Engagement Wedding Maternity Children Seniors Family Personal Products Everything Else
My Website Old Blog Follow us on Twitter Be our friend on Facebook


Monday, July 21, 2008

Daniel+Meredith


I've known Daniel since '97 and Meredith since around '00. They are both great friends who have shared life with us through many different seasons. Both Daniel and Meredith share my affinity for Russian culture and hope to live in Moscow someday doing ministry. Currently, they live in Wake Forest while Daniel attends Seminary. I was honored that they drove quite a ways for the shoot. They have been married for one year and wanted some anniversary images. So, we treated the session like an engagement. Both of them have their roots in Eastern North Carolina, so I thought a session that captured the beauty of a rural culture was fitting. So, Kim happened to stumble on this MAJESTIC farm during one of the times we went scouting locations. It was an INCREDIBLE farm and we spent the entire time there. We had a blast rummaging through fields and barns (with permission of course). I even found this awesome cowboy hat and asked Daniel to wear it for some shots. He loved it and wore it for most of the session. We called it his 'stetson' hat. Daniel is really kinda the all-round outdoors-man, so it fit him well.


So, it was pouring down rain when we were supposed to start shooting (thank you tropical storm Cristobal). However, it cleared up and as soon as it did we jumped into the car. What I didn't realize is that a highly air-conditioned car and intense humidity do not mix well for camera lenses. So, after about 30 minutes of letting the lenses adjust to the humidity and drying them off we got started. What we didn't expect was the incredibly blue skies following the storm. The clouds were enormous and just . . . well . . . you had to kind of stop and appreciate it. So, I did my best to capture the skies and the color.




Thank you. My name is Craig and I'll be here all week.




So, as I was taking this image below on the right a swarm of ants attacked my foot. Good art is pain people.







The impressive rings. The rings are sitting on one of Meredith's journals.



Daniel and Meredith: Thank you for allowing me to capture this memorable time in your lives. I had a blast wondering through the fields and laughing with you both. I deeply appreciate your encouragement to me as I began to pursue photography . . . you both believed in me when few did. Most of all, thank you for committing your lives to Him who holds all things together and pouring into others so selflessly.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow,..stellar! I love all of these photos Craig and I have no doubt that Daniel and Meredith must treasure them. The colors in these photos are amazing. I love the one that looks like you're peaking through a fence watching them embrace and the shadow one ...LOVE IT! These scream collage to me! :) And the black and white ones are sweet! Like straight from a western and you caught the secret moment of young love. I'm diggin' the ring photo as well. Aside from just artistic, beautiful shots, you did a great job capturing their love. I don't have a clue who they are but they are most definitely in love! Great shoot Craig...they must be so pleased!

Anonymous said...

Craig! These look awesome. We had a ton of fun hanging out with you and Kim the other night taking these. They came out better than I expected. Thanks for taking them for us!

Craig Morrisette said...

Daniel, what did you expect? :)

The Tittle Family said...

Wow! I can't believe how great your art is and the way you see things through the lens! Amazing! I am sure this couple is so thrilled with these images! I'm impressed as always!

Anonymous said...

C-Raig,
Your pictures are absolutely beautiful!!!! How I wish you guys lived a little closer to KY so that you could take some pictures for me...and teach me about photography!!! (Not to mention I would love to see you guys!!!) I am so excited for your new venture in photography and for your family!!!! You have so much talent! I know God is going to use you to touch the lives of a lot of people!

stephanie and lee said...

Craig,
I absolutely love these pictures! I haven't been on your sight in a while because not too long after we got our pictures back from you, our adoption came through for our son, and I have busy with him. However, I was coming to look at a friends engagement pictures and I love the pictures of this couple!! They will have a hard time choosing! I know we did. As soon as Luke gets a little bigger, we will be calling you to do some more!!!
Stephanie Warren

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures:) You did a great job and it was so much fun shooting pictures with you and Kim! I have said it before but I will say it again - you are really growing as a photographer in amazing ways and I know God has a purpose for it! We love the pictures and will definitely have a hard time choosing:) Love you guys!