Engagement Wedding Maternity Children Seniors Family Personal Products Everything Else
My Website Old Blog Follow us on Twitter Be our friend on Facebook


Friday, October 10, 2008

Goff Family


Meggan sent us a sweet e-mail last week. She had been shooting professionally for a while and had started her own business, Image Photography. She came across our website and wrote that she really liked our style of photography. She was wanting to get together and see how we handle some of our post-processing side of things as well as just kinda get some overall ideas on how we get the style/posing from our clients. At the same time she wanted a few images of herself with her family.

(WARNING: LONG RANT/EXPLANATION COMING. Contrary to Popular belief, Photographers aren't IN many pictures. I always hear comments like, where was Craig when this was taken? Did he go to the beach with you? Did he come to his Son's birthday party? Yes, I was there. I took the photos. So, sometimes, photographers have to ask others to help us capture some memories with us IN the pictures.)

Meggan hails from good ole' Conway, South Carolina. It just so happened that I was headed to South Carolina last week . . . So, we got together and made a session / "get learnt" workshop out of it (do you like my name for my consultation sessions "get learnt", I think its kinda snazzy.)

Her Husband Randy and Daughter Sophia were the models. Meggan picked some awesome locations and all three were so easy to photograph. Sophia is absolutely gorgeous. She has these beautiful eyes and long dark hair. Its hard to take a bad photo of this little girl. Here are just a few of my favorites. Enjoy!


Probably my two favorite images.






Look at those beautiful eyes. See what I mean? Ohh, did I mention that Sophia started walking just one or two weeks prior to our session. She was so fun to watch as she carefully chose her steps. I also LOVE the shot in the chair.



Sophia didn't seem to like the the way the ground felt to her feet. So, she would lift up one leg to avoid touching the ground.






My favorite shot of just the two of them.



We closed the session with a photogaph in front of the historic Conway theatre. It had a beautiful, well lit, sign that Meggan really wanted. I think it turned out pretty groovy.



Meggan: I really enjoyed hang'n out with you and your family. It's always a privilege to be the choice of another photographer. I hope I was able to help some with your questions. I'll be looking in on your website from time to time to see what you're up to. Best Wishes.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have known Meggan & Randy for years & years. You captured them beautifully! These pictures are breathtaking! <3

Rachel said...

Love the one with her lifting her foot. You just keep getting better and better!