Engagement Wedding Maternity Children Seniors Family Personal Products Everything Else
My Website Old Blog Follow us on Twitter Be our friend on Facebook


Friday, June 27, 2008

Baby Powder & Desitin


Today I decided to take a break and enjoy some time with my wife and kids. With two small children there is always some excitement in the house and today it involved baby powder and desitin. You may ask, what is so exciting about the two products that tackle diaper rash? Answer: they both make wonderful face masks!


Caleb and Lydia were playing so nicely in Lydia's room while Kim and I were having a conversation. It was quiet for about one minute until we both "noticed". Kim went to check on them and immediately called my name. I walked in Lydia's room and powder was everywhere! Kim and I both thought to do the same thing: Get the camera! We had to document the mess and choose to "enjoy" the moment. After all, they were so enjoying themselves and their faces were adorable.


Caleb and Lydia both had to take their mug shots.



Despite what you may think, Caleb is smiling.



Here they are caught in the act. Lydia implicitly trusts her big brother. We have a feeling that trust may run thin before she's three years old.



A cute face and the crime scene.



As you can imagine, a bath was in order and lots of vacuuming. We managed to clean the mess, feed them and put them down for a nap. When they awoke it was back to more "fun". You would think that Kim and I learned our lesson in keeping a watchful eye on the two of them. In fact, I even noticed Lydia carrying around some desitin and honestly thought nothing about it. I was going thru the mail and I heard Kim again. I think her words were, "Craig come here, you've got to see this and bring your camera!" This time the crime scene was Caleb's room. I walked in to see Caleb finger-painting his train table with desitin. Lydia looked like she had been electrocuted and giggled with excitement as Caleb ran another glob of desitin thru her hair. Kim sat over to the side trying to refrain from laughing. Caleb even motioned me over to play. That's when I began taking some pictures.


This year's entry to Baby Vogue Magazine:





Caleb and Lydia enjoyed their last few moments finger-painting before their second bath of the day.



In case you are wondering, it took four shampoos to get Lydia's hair semi back to normal. She looks like she has gel in her hair and probably will for the next few days.


On a side note, recently our town experienced some rather severe water problems. The news reported that fecal matter had leaked into the water supply. Yes, you read that correctly, fecal matter. In laymen's terms, that is human waste. Needless to say, the water was not drinkable and in my humble opinion it was also not safe for bathing. The last 48 hours we have been boiling water to successfully complete the task of brushing our teeth. I share this with you only because I honestly cannot imagine what we would have done today without the use of our bathtub and clean accessible water. The ban was lifted this morning. Talk about perfect timing! I know for sure that was God's grace and mercy in my life. I kind of stressed over the water situation wanting to make sure my children were bathing in clean water. With that in mind I found it quite funny that as I was washing my children for their third bath of the day (playing in the dirt outside. . . another story in and of itself) I noticed a nice yellow tint appear in the bath water. . . it dawned on me that my children probably bathe in urin anyway.


4 comments:

The Tittle Family said...

What a funny day! Thanks for sharing the cute photos...they made me smile! Sometimes it's great to realize that the mess can be cleaned up and to just enjoy the moment! What a memory!

Lindsay said...

Those pics are hilarious!! What great memories to document:) I had to rearrange ALL of our bathroom stuff when Piper was about one. She got into everything! Gracie never did that stuff. Wish I would have laughed more and gotten angry less.

Anonymous said...

Hysterical! I'm sure my time will come and I hope I handle it with as much humor and grace (no pun intended) as ya'll did. Interestingly enough Grace was looking at these pics with me and laughed at each one...hmm, maybe my time is coming sooner than I think! The baby vogue one...priceless!! Thanks for sharing family moments. We look forward to seeing ya'll this wk.

Unknown said...

Lydia looks like the joker from batman in that one shot with her face all covered in white cream and her hair all wacked out. I LOVE IT!!