Engagement Wedding Maternity Children Seniors Family Personal Products Everything Else
My Website Old Blog Follow us on Twitter Be our friend on Facebook


Saturday, June 14, 2008

CALI-FORN-I-A

I am a native North Carolinian, born and raised. I have visited MANY places around the world, Hungary, Austria, Czech Republic, Poland, Russia, Germany, Lebanon, Bahamas, the entire East Coast, Los Angles, San Francisco, Denver, and on and on. BUT, I have never been to a place so consistently gorgeous as Orange County, California. It is the only place - so far - that I would consider moving to from my beloved North Carolina. If you know me, that's saying something.



While the main reason of being in California was attending the shootshop, the alterior motive was a much needed vacation. So, Kim and I rested, relaxed, and along the way we took a few photos.



This is the iconic california image. He was on his way home and I asked him if he wouldn't mind letting me take his picture. He said, "sure thing dude," and a beautiful image was born.



I grabbed a shot of these girls chatting away as they waited for the sunset.



Funny Story. Kim and I decided to go under the Oceanside Pier and get a photo. As I was about to snap the image a wave snuck up on Kim and soaked her. This is her honest reaction to the COLD water.




This is taken from the pier looking back at Oceanside. I went a little nuts with the Fish Eye lens.



This is the view from our Hotel on the waterfront.



A bird's eye view of San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park. The huge yellow circle is a hot air balloon that simple goes straight up to give you a great view of the park. Of course, it was closed that day.



I told you California was gorgeous.



A family enjoying the setting sun.



Kim, relaxing and reading. We enjoyed just sitting there and listening to the waves crash.




going . . . going . . . gone.







Palm trees, sand, cool breezes and blue skies.



The famous Hotel Del Coronado.





go see California. It's worth it.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Craig the pictures look amazing! I am so glad that you had this opportunity to go and learn as well as spend time with Kim! I just want you to know I am so encouraged by the growth I see in your pictures! You are doing so well:)

Love,
Meredith

Aaron & Heather said...

Wow you got some great images in Cali! I'm jealous that I didn't have time to go play. Thanks for the great comments on the blog, it was great to meet you also, just talking with you and Cindy would have made the trip worth it! I can't wait to see more of your stuff, I'll be stalking you now.

-Aaron

Unknown said...

It's the Hotel Del... brings back memories of my days growing up in San Diego.